Normally I have a cocktail on Saturdays, but yesterday I just was not feeling it. So I tried something different. Coconut water on the rocks. The first sip I was a bit unsure if I liked it, but I had a few more sips and it really started to grow on me. It was a nice change.
This morning I had a fast and easy breakfast, Chobani and the last of my Pumpkin Protein Cookies that I had frozen. They thawed out in a few minutes. It was a really good combo. Looks like I am going to have to get some baking done soon. I love having these on hand, they are one of my favorite pumpkin recipes.
After breakfast it was time to get serious, I need to cook. My kitchen is now back in full working order. I have my new stove and I intend on using it.
Just a few ingredients added together created a nice big pot of Chicken Chili on Sunday.
The Fiesta soup really added a nice zip to the chili. I didn’t have this as part of the ingredients until I started to cook. The broth seemed a bit thin and looked boring. So as I looked in my cabinet for something to add, I saw the Fiesta soup and took a chance, and I am glad I did.
White Chicken Chili
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cups cooked chicken (you can use a oven-baked rotisserie chicken from the grocery store to save on time), shredded (I used a can of Sam’s Club premium chicken)
- 1 can Great Northern Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 box (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can Campbell’s Fiesta soup
- Kosher salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 lime, juice
- In a large pot, saute the onion and cook until it starts to become translucent.
- Once the onion is done, add shreds of chicken, beans, corn, green chilies (with juice from can), cumin and oregano to the large pot. Stir to combine all of the ingredients and then add the chicken broth and can of Fiesta soup.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 30-40 minutes to allow the broth to reduce. Add salt and pepper and juice from one whole lime.
- Leave simmering on stove until ready to serve.
- Serve with sour cream, shredded cheese, avocado or tortilla chips.
Check Ya Later.