I am in the middle of preparing a three-part post right now of the Blend Retreat, so please check back for all the activities and eats from the Retreat.
Since returning home from the Blend Retreat and being away from home for the past two weekends without my husband, I wanted to make him a special dinner.
Best Burger Ever, is what Jeff told me while we were eating this for dinner. I saw this recipe on Iowa Girl Eats and I knew I had to make it. I am so glad I did, it was so flavorful and filling.
I was really excited that it had lime in it, plus I have never cooked with ground chicken before.
So bright and loaded with fresh ingredients.
Found this amazing Ciabatta bread which was perfect for the four servings this recipe called for. I have to give a big shout out to Jeff for his cutting skills in the kitchen, he was my vegetable chopper and bread slicer.
The topping for this called for fresh avocado guacamole. It was just mashed up avocado seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic nuggets.
Used my handy Cuisinart griddler to grill up the burgers.
They came out perfect, I can see me making this again and again.
It was a meal on its own, we just had a small side of chips with it.
Seeing how I still had a 1/2 of a lime, I decided to have a Vodka and Cranberry with lime with my meal. I have to say good call, it was so refreshing and paired well with the burger.
Vodka Cranberry Cocktail with Lime
- Lime Wedge
- 1 Shot of Vodka
- Cranberry Juice or Sparkling Cocktail Juice
This was a really good meal, I enjoyed every bite of the burger and every sip of my drink.
So here’s the very yummy recipe…..
Chili Lime Chicken Burger
Adapted from Iowa Girl Eats and Trader Joe’s Chili Lime Chicken Burgers
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1lb ground chicken
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lime, cut in half
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- 4 buns, toasted
For the guacamole:
- 1 avocado
- garlic powder
- salt & pepper
- Combine chicken, green onions, bell pepper, cilantro, garlic, salt, red pepper flakes and juice of half a lime in a large bowl. Mix until thoroughly combined, then form into 4 patties and spray each side generously with non-stick spray.
- Heat a large grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Grill burgers for 3-4 minutes a side, or until cooked all the way through. Place a slice of cheese on top of each burger, place each burger on your choice of bread, then top with guacamole.
- For the guacamole: Mash all ingredients together with a potato masher or fork.
Question of the Day: Do you ever step out of your cooking comfort zone and try a new recipe?
Check Ya Later.